Is Mawlid (Milaad an Nabi) a bidah (innovation)? Did Rasoolallah (SAW) really tell us to celebrate it?
This book provides clarification and explanations to the major doubts that are raised by the proponents of Mawlid an-Nabi, including:
- Mawlid an-Nabi is honouring the Prophet.
- Mawlid an-Nabi is celebrated by a large number of people in many towns
- Commemorating Mawlid an-Nabi renews the memories of the Prophet.
- Celebration of Mawlid an-Nabi is a cut of love for the Prophet and an expression of one's love, which is permissible.
- Mawlid an-Nabi is a Bidah Husna (good innovation) because it is a means of showing gratitude towards Allah for sending the Prophet.
- The sayings of Umar, ‘What a good Bidah is this?’
- Additional quotes by Shaikh Muhammad ibn Ibraheem Aal-Shaikh have been added to further clarify these issues. The booklet also has 2 valuable appendixes:
Appendix 1: Explanation of the Hadeeth,” He, who established/initiates a Sunnah Husna in Islam.” in the word o Shaikh Saleh al-Fawzan and Shaikh Muhammad ibn al-Uthaimeen (rahimahullah)
Appendix 2: A Dialogue between Shaikh al-Albani (rahimahullah) and a proponent of Mawlid.
Author: Shaikh Saleh ibn Fawzan al-Fawzan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.